1. Some people think that the modern communication technology has a negative impact on social relationships.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this?
2. We are becoming increasingly dependent on computer-based technology.
How do you think it will change in the future?
Is it good for us to rely so much on computers?
3. Life was better when technology was simpler.
To what extent do you agree and disagree?
4. Early technological developments helped ordinary people and changed their lives more than recent developments.
To what extent do you agree or disagree
5. When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive.
Do you agree and disagree with this statement?
6. Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Other people say that computers have made life more complex and stressful.
What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
7. Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on your children.
Do you agree or disagree?
8. School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. This is having an alarming effect on reading and writing skills. Teachers need to avoid using computers in the classroom at all costs and go back to teaching basic study skills.
Do you agree or disagree?
9. Is it good for children to start using computers from an early age and spend long hours on them?
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages.
10. As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom.
To what extent do you agree?
11. Some people think that young people can learn useful skills by playing electronic and computer games. Others argue that people who play electronic and computer games are wasting their time.
Discuss both views and give your opinion.
12. Computer games are very popular for all ages and nationalities. Parents think this has little educational value and it will be harmful for children.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. Some say that the internet is making the world smaller by bringing people together.
To what extent do to you agree that the internet is making it easier for people to communicate with one another.
14. Beside a lot of advantages, some people believe that the Internet creates many problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
15.There have been many inventions in human history, such as the wheel. Some people think the most important thing is the internet.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
16. Nowadays, for many people, the Internet is replacing regular books.
What do you think will happen in the future and what is your opinion about this trend?
Quality, decisions, behaviour, life
The excessive use of the internet negatively affects youngsters' behaviour in the family and society.
Debate, examination, experiment, research, survey
According to an ICFA study, excessive internet use has a negative impact on children's social conduct.
Idea, issue, matter, problem, situation
The benefits and drawbacks of technological advancements will be discussed/ examined in the following paragraphs.
Difficulty, opposition, problem, situation
Young children who are usually addicted to their electronics have problems with their relationships with others.
Ability, access, choice, growth, unemployment, use
Parents can safeguard their children from cyber-abuse by limiting their access to the internet.
Life, economy, city
Modern technology is transforming economies around the globe.
Advantage, effort, improvement, pressure, progress
The rise of artificial intelligence has resulted in a considerable increase in unemployment, particularly among low-wage workers.
Activity, basis, diet, routine, life
The development of technology has tremendous impacts on people's daily lives.
Attachment, impact, needs, state, support
There are numerous flaws in computer-based education, including its failure to address students' emotional needs.
Fast-paced society, development, food, friends, growth, learners, speed
Modern technology has made its position in a fast-paced society.
Aspects, differences, issues, role
Excellence in the field of technology plays an important part in the overall development of a country.
Age, art, era, people, society, life
In modern life, mobile phones have become a necessity.
Achievement, discovery, improvement, performance, tolerance, tribute
E-books have become a favourite of young learners because of their ability to teach a subject through pictures and videos.
Age, children, couples, generation, offenders, people
Instead of spending quality time with their families, young children choose to spend the majority of their time on their phones.
Approach, idea, solution, suggestion, technique, method, technology
Online education is a positive development for both teachers and students who adopt this innovative change.
Approach, family, medicine, method, role, society, style, value, view, way
Educationists are now speculating about the Internet's potential to replace traditional schools.
Vocabulary for IELTS
to access website/email
to boot up
to stay up to date
to install software
to sign up
to sign off
to sign in
to log in
to log out
to take advantage of
to load website
to browse websites
to bookmark a web page
to go online
to surf the web
to cut and paste
to back up files
an indispensable part
use a search engine
to click on an icon
keep a hard copy
predict weather and natural calamities
easiest and cheapest way
glued to screen
fast and easy
to upgrade computer system
pros and cons
to store massive data
read newspaper online
discussion forum online
the most wonderful gift
more dependency on computer
enables to keep in touch with
social networking sites
make life more comfortable
email/online chatting/voice mail/video chat
electronic data management
job interview/conference/online class
great means of communication
blessing of modern science
to face health problems
negative impact on social interaction
unreliable online information
to enter a web address
too much addicted to computer games
to make education accessible to countryside students
becoming machine dependent
source of information storage